Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Barefoot Chardonnay


Name: Barefoot Chardonnay
Winery: Barefoot Cellars
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $6.99

Wine critic review: “This is rather nice on the nose with soft peach and apple aromas.  It doesn’t strike me as exciting, but it’s doing what a basic California chardonnay should do.  The palate is consistent with the nose in that the flavors are mostly peach and green apple.  It has a little bit of a citrus quality on the finish.  The acidity is adequate and the mouth feel is a little bit creamy.  For a mere $7.00, I can’t complain about this chardonnay.” – Tim Lemke, founder and chief reviewer at Cheap Wine Ratings, 08/01/2010

My review: Like the Barefoot Moscato, I was excited to try Barefoot’s Chardonnay. Also like the Barefoot Moscato, I detected a hint of peaches, but additionally along with some hints of apples and lemons, in both the smell and the taste of the wine. It was smooth and drinkable at an affordable price. It left me with a more crisp, refreshed feel than the Moscato. It is completely affordable and easy for me to drink throughout the evening – I would drink this wine again.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment