Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting – Yellow Tail Sweet Red Roo


Name:  Yellow Tail Sweet Red Roo
Winery: Casella Wines
Variety: Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, other red varietals
Region: Yenda, Australia
Country: Australia
Year: non-vintage
Price: $6.99

Wine maker description: "Made in Australia from a blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and other red varietals, YellowTail 'Sweet Red Roo' is full of fruit flavors with aromas of naturally sweet red berries, vanilla and chocolate in each sip. Sweet Red Roo is delicious served chilled or room temperature and is ideal for wine cocktails. Whether pairing it with BBQ or mixing it in Sangria, Sweet Red Roo's versatility and uniqueness will make it the most talked about sweet wine blend this year."

My review: Admittedly, what drew me to this wine initially was its sparkly label. Also, I had never heard of a “Sweet Red Roo” wine. Sparkly + Mysterious = Must Try. Unfortunately, however, I cannot say I was a fan of this wine. As soon as the wine hit my tongue, it felt my entire mouth dried out in a split second. It felt like my tongue was shriveling up and becoming smaller and smaller. I could detect a hint of red berries, but not much else. My suspicion is that this wine would definitely be paired better with food as opposed to drinking it on its own.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment