Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting – The Naked Grape Pinot Noir


Name: The Naked Grape Pinot Noir
Winery: Grape Valley Wine Company
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $8.99

Wine maker's notes: Medium bodied and rich with aromas of black cherry and blueberry. 
My review: This wine was hot, hot, hot! The finish was extremely hot and it left my tongue feeling like it was burning. I definitely picked up on some of the black cherry aspects of the wine, but ultimately I could not get past the burning sensation it left on my tongue. It left my mouth feeling a little dry as well. I'm not sure what I would be compelled to pair this wine with, or if I would think to drink it again. I definitely could not get past the heat the wine brought - it was too overwhelming.
I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment