Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting – Barefoot Moscato



Name: Barefoot Moscato
Winery: Barefoot Cellars
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $6.99

Wine critic review: To start, the cork was soft and came out easily.  The wine presented a mostly clear and clean appearance with mild color typical of a Moscato.  Though not a sparkling wine, it was a little bit bubbly in the glass. A clean crisp aroma of light pear was immediately noticed and was pleasant.  On the palate, the Barefoot Moscato was sweet and crisp.  The sweetness did not overpower the enjoyable tastes of lemon and orange citrus, as promised from the bottle.The mouthfeel had a texture of satiny smoothness with a finish that landed mostly in the cheeks and somewhat less on the tongue.  The finish was short and delicate. Overall, this Moscato performed perfectly and would easily pair with the foods mentioned above.  On their website they also mention that this wine would be a good compliment to coconut cream pie.  Nowadays, many restaurants serve a cheese plate as a dessert.  Barefoot Moscato came to mind as the perfect compliment to that - Jon Rogers, Honest Wine Review, 01/17/2013

My review: I was really excited to try this wine. As a cashier at a local grocery store, I see all sorts of Barefoot wines come through and I have always wanted to take a moment and give them a shot. I am also still trying to ease into the wine world, and I figured this would be a safe white wine to try. The wine was very crisp and refreshing. It was sweeter than I expected (which I liked) and tasted very citrusy and peachy. Also, I ended up leaving the glass on my coffee table for a while (roughly 2-3 hours). By this time, the glass had gotten warm. I ended up taking another sip from the glass and absolutely loved it. I felt like I could taste the peaches much better. I would absolutely drink this wine again - and I'm a fan of the smaller bottles for more casual quick drinking.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment