Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting – Gallo Family Sweet Chardonnay


Name:  Gallo Family Sweet Chardonnay
Winery: Gallo Family Vineyards
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $7.99

Wine maker’s notes: Our sweet Chardonnay is bursting with pear, tropical fruit, and honeydew flavors. Serve chilled. Slightly sweet and delicate fruit flavors pair well with fresh fruit, light salads, simple fish or chicken preparations, and most brunch fare.

My review: I was attracted to this bottle because it was a “sweet” Chardonnay and I tend to prefer more sweet wines. I have also tried to Gallo Family regular Chardonnay so I was excited to see what the “sweeter” version was like. This was definitely more tolerable to me than the regular Chardonnay. It was definitely more sweet and less oaky. I definitely wasn’t in love with it, though – it was still a little too bitter and hot for me. I left like my tongue had been left with a coating of alcohol on top. Another wine I would likely not go for again.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment