Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting – Barefoot Pinot Grigio


Name: Barefoot Pinot Grigio
Winery: Barefoot Cellars
Variety: 100% Pinot Gris
Region: Modesto California
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $6.99

Wine maker’s notes: Tart green apple flavors get down with a white peach undertone. Floral blossoms and citrus aromas do the tango. Light-bodied with a bright finish.

My review: After tasting this wine and looking back at the wine maker’s notes, my first thought that comes to mind is that “tart” green apple flavors is an understatement. One word: whoa. The first taste that comes to the palate is a hard, overpowering punch of green apple. It was also way too citrusy on the finish for me. I wish there had been more of a focus on a sweeter peach side. The tart apple flavor needs to be a little more balanced out.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment