Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting – Yellow Tail Moscato

Name: Yellow Tail Moscato 
Winery: Casella Wines 
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: Yenda, Australia
Country: Australia
Year: non-vintage
Price: $11.99

Wine maker’s notes: Moscato is full of natural sweetness. It displays bright fruit flavours of freshly crushed grapes, peach and passionfruit with a hint of sherbet. This wine has a light fizz that tingles in your mouth and highlights lively tropical fruit flavors followed by a clean and crisp finish. Enjoy chilled as an aperitif and with summer salads.

My review: Immediately, I was pleased that this bottle had a screw-cap top. It makes life so much easier on me to be able to put the screw cap right back on and put what I don’t think back in the fridge. Anyway, in terms of taste, this wine certainly reminded me of the Barefoot Moscato I have come to enjoy. I found this one to taste less fruity, however. There definitely are hints of peach and passionfruit, but I thought the wine tasted a little too hot. It was definitely crisp and would go well chilled on a hot summer day. I’d definitely drink Barefoot’s take on Moscato first before resorting to Yellow Tail’s Moscato.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment