Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting – Barefoot Red Moscato


Name: Barefoot Red Moscato
Winery:  Barefoot Cellars
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: Modesto, California
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $7.99

Wine maker’s notes: Barefoot Red Moscato is a juicy and fruity wine with distinct flavors of peaches and Bing cherries.

My review: I was hesitant to give this a shot, but I liked Moscato so I figured, red Moscato can’t be that far of a cry from it, right? Hopefully. I was admittedly looking forward to the “peaches and cherries” flavors the wine maker’s notes seemed to advocate. On the nose, it wasn’t anything different than the Barefoot Moscato sniffy sniff I was used to – no surprises, no shock. It also tasted no different to me. Nothing at all was different about this Red Moscato compared with the regular Moscato. Same peachy taste, same smooth finish with that slight hint of pear that reminds you of its fruity profile. This glass of wine just happened to be red in color. I tasted no other differences.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

1 comment: