Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting – Cupcake Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon


Name: Cupcake Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery: Cupcake Vineyards
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Product of Chile, bottled in Livermore, California
Country: Product of Chile, bottled in USA
Year: 2010
Price: $8.99

Wine maker’s notes: Rich and smooth, this Cabernet Sauvignon is crafted from handpicked grapes in Chile’s desirable Valley Central region, where the sun drenched the grapes create full and elegantly-textured wines. Scrumptious flavors of decadent dark fruits, a molten mocha and tasty oak melt into a long, silky finish. In other words: petite filet mignon with a cabernet reduction.  
My review: I was super excited to try this wine. I have seen so many people purchase this wine while I was at work - it was definitely on my "to try" list. I definitely picked up on the mocha aspects of this wine. The oak monster also felt like it was beginning to attack me just a little bit. It was a much more strong, complex wine than I had anticipated. It left my mouth feeling a little dry, and the alcohol might have come through just a tad too strong on the finish. Nonetheless, it wasn't the best, or the worst, wine I've ever had. I wouldn't call this a wine I'd drink on a regular basis, but I'm still glad I gave it a shot to see what it was about. Definitely left my mouth feeling dry, a little burnt tongue on the finish, but the mocha flavoring really came through.
I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment