Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting – Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc


Name: Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc
Winery:  Cupcake Vineyards
Variety:  100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Product of the Marlborough Valley, bottled in Livermore and Ripon, CA
Country:  Product of New Zealand, bottled in USA
Year: 2012
Price: $8.99

Wine maker’s notes: Our vineyard works hard to bring you the zestiest, most refreshing Sauvignon Blanc from the cool Marlborough Valley. Here the grapes mature slowly, giving them complexity and a vibrant zing, reminiscent of a lemon chiffon cupcake. The aromas are integrated, delighting the senses with flavors of Meyer lemons, Key limes, and a finish that awakens the appetite. Serve chilled with oysters on the half shell or with a rich, creamy lobster risotto.

My review: I did a triple-take with this wine once I poured it into the glass. It was completely clear – I thought I had mistakenly dumped by bottle of water in the glass. It was almost like nothing was in the class. I was surprised – it looked like it had more of a greenish-blue hue from the bottle. After tasting this wine, I wish I had actually poured the bottle of water into the glass. I completely hated this wine – I don’t know how else to put it. It was bitter and harsh and left my tongue burning a little. This is definitely a pass for me.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment