Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting – Sutter Home Chardonnay


Name: Sutter Home Chardonnay
Winery: Sutter Home Winery, Inc.
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $6.99

Wine maker’s notes: Crisp and fresh, our Chardonnay wine boasts an impressive lineup of flavors, leaving a lasting palate impression. Smooth, rich, and creamy tones combine with fresh fruit flavors for a long and luxurious aftertaste. It makes an ideal match for seafood or poultry, veal or pork chops, cream sauce pastas, and cheeses

My review: After tasting this wine, I think I have determined that maybe I’m just not a Chardonnay fan. I found this Chardonnay to be hot and actually kind of bland, aside from the heat it brought. I wasn’t wow’ed or amazed by this Chardonnay. It was tolerable but it wasn’t exactly good either. It was hot and left my mouth feeling super dry, much like my other Chardonnay experiences.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment