Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting – Taylor Cream Sherry


Name:  Taylor Cream Sherry
Winery: Taylor Wine Company
Variety:  Palomino grape blended with Oloroso wine
Region: Canandaigua, NY
Country: USA
Year: non-vintage
Price: $7.99

Wine maker’s notes: Deep amber in hue, Taylor Cream Sherry is a full bodied dessert wine with a medley of sweet and nutty flavors. A full bodied, moderately sweet sherry with nuances of toffee and roasted nuts. Delicious with dessert or after dinner. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

My review: Out of everything I have tried throughout the semester, I knew this would be my favorite. One of my top 3 favorite TV shows is “Frasier,” and he and his brother, Niles, drink Sherry like most people would drink water, or breathe air. Immediately, on the nose, it smelled like nail polish remover. Thankfully that was only a one-time sniffy sniff and it turned into more of a toffee-coffee kind of scent. Unfortunately, the taste took the same odd transformation as the smell. I immediately tasted nail polish remover, but then it turned into a more smooth, nutty sort of taste. It was pretty darn difficult to get to that point though. Certainly a different experience.

I tasted this on its own with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment